Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Responce to Hector Avalos

RE: Avalos, “Of course, we only have your word that you were just really "testing" Harry.”

Okay, you got me, I was not really testing Hairy, I was playing with him as someone would play with a gullible child by making the nose grabbing gesture and saying “I got your nose!” In fact, it was pretty absurd of you to stick your nose into what I perceive as a personal discussion that turned ugly, and impose your scholarly ethics. Frankly, it is none of your business what I say to Hairy, especially when I am trying to make him look like a fool. Not that he doesn’t do a pretty good job of that on his own.

Hector, wake up! DC is not a scholarly blog, it is a meeting place for egotistical haters. And I am getting just a little tired of your narrow minded accusations about me. You neither know me nor understand me. Maybe you should take some time and find out just who I am before you go accusing me of things. As you already know, I am not a scholar, so why do you hold me to scholarly ethics? Again, as you know, I am not a Jehovah’s Witness, so don’t compare my ethics with their ethics. What you may not know, is that I am not even a Christian, so don’t say my words or actions reflect poorly on the Christian God. Comprende?

Here is an example of your inability to detect the nuances of argumentation.

RE: “You have already PROVEN that YOU did not understand Robertson by the sheer fact that you could not tell me how he would translate John 1:1.”

This is the second or third time you said this now, are you really that naive? Of course I know how Robertson would translate John 1:1, I purposely did not give you an answer because I did not want to play your little game that you were trying to set up.

In this next response, I’ll have to set it up because you clearly have a problem with context.

I said: “It is just too bad that you have been contaminated by the atheists you hang around with, you are picking up some very bad habits.”

You replied with: “Your reply is pure nonsense. I had come to these conclusions about KIT's use of Robertson while in High School, and before I became an atheist.”

Your getting as bad as Hairy, what in the world are you talking about? All I can say is context, context, context. What I said was based on the following.

I said: “First, you are absolutely wrong about Robertson. He mentioned John 1:1b ONLY to show an instance where ton theon = God, for his comparison of the anarthrous theos that equals God he goes to Romans.”

This has nothing to do with the KIT. I was talking about how you, like other atheists, only see what you want to see. Robertson made NO mention or connection to John 1:1c on page 761. However, you are able to see something that is simply not there. Maybe you should work on attaining your own high standard of ethics before you criticize others.

No comments:

Post a Comment